Monday, January 15, 2018

Beginning again, again.

Of course, I am surprised that it has been so long since I blogged.  Good grief!
Since I have chosen my "word" for 2018. The word is "FINISH".  I have so many
things to finish, including at least a dozen quilts in various stages of construction.
I hope to finish at least one project every month this year.
   I am working on a pair of boot socks for 'the olde dude', these will be a couple  more
months of knitting.  My shoulders won't let me knit more than a couple rows a day. So,
it takes along time to knit a pair of socks.


These are just a very plain sock with knit 1 purl 1 ribbing.  I only recently acquired some
SockEase yarn and that is what I am using.  Using 2 strands held together and size 2 US needles.  

With the temperatures we are having this winter our wool socks are getting a work-out.  I don't
know if these will be finished before winter is over, but they will be welcome whenever the get done.

   There is a lot of sewing and quilting going on here, also.  I finished the main section of a string pieced quilt today.
I hope to get the borders on yet this month.  My design wall is a bit make-shift, but it works.
I have over a hundred strings blocks to turn into quilts.  I will be making a baby quilt top on our next
sew day for our comfort quilt group to donate to someone who needs it.  I have a top that needs a border and quilting that will go on my longarm when I have finished the quilt that I have going right now. No picture on that one, yet

I am doing only the second quilt that I have used ruler work on right now.  I didn't get a picture of this quilt before I loaded it on the longarm.  It is the arrowhead pattern and I am having a really fun time working on it.  It definitely has some boo-boos and wobbles, but it's a learning quilt. Here is a pick of one small area that I did, so far.


I am nearing the half-way point on this one and getting excited to have it finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment